Standards, of orthography, of grammar, of orthodoxy
Please require standards of spelling, of good grammar, and of lack of heterodox crackpottery.
Well, I hear you, but the standards we're setting are technical, not editorial. We don't want to centralize editorial standards in the hands of the KSF. We just want to make it possible for people to get their work in front of a larger audience without having to interact with Wikipedia's heterodox crackpots.
Besides, in a global project, one person's orthodoxy is another person's heterodox crackpottery. A truly decentralized network (like the Internet itself) is open to all, with editorial control limited to particular encyclopedias and apps, of which there should be an unlimited number of possible competitors.
Anyway, welcome, Doug!
hi everyone -- just signed up and found this :
1. the Standard for emails should be save .. I received a mail with this remark : This email has failed its domain's authentication requirements. It may be spoofed or improperly forwarded!
when I tried to set a password .. I had to copy the link and paste it into the http-space because it id not work as a directlink ..
2. using Wordpress is ok as long as the main threats are closed like Google-fonts, direct links to bigtech-social networks and so on .. this site (the forum) contains "class="yoast-schema-graph">" sending every letter we type directly to the google cloud and to all social networks via YOAST
Of course its not really possible to work totally invisible --but here they can read out our usernames, most certainly our passwords and our browser- fingerprints and track us through the net if we are members there or not ! - how these fingerprints look like you can check here : browserleaks.com/
3. Using communication running on Amazon-Servers cannot be the right basics for a safe creation of a replacement of Big-Tech .. huh ?? There are already several possibilities where one is not in the sportlight of those one wants to fight and replace !
4. Of course its very hard to work totally out of sight of lets call it Big Tech but a minimum of privacy for users talking about their ideas how to replace this Big Tech seems to be desirable -- at least for me .. it reminds me of the action when the singer Cher wanted to get divorced from her husband Sonny Bono and had a contract no control above a single coin of her income - she had to LEND 300,- Dollar from Sonny to divorce him ! Here we type and create ideas and questions on basics of the grace of Amazon and Google ... how to replace them .. thats somehow strange .. at least for me !
5. It is absolutley possible to create some privacy e.g. with a (shared) hosting in Iceland both webspace and domain registered anonymously, paid if wanted by cryptos, only a valid mailaddress necessary for all kind of hoster-traffic and the servers out of reach of EU and USA .. a cleaned self hosted Wordpress (all trackers and google, social networks etc blocked) and behind a password wall one can run a blog plus a good forum with a lot of traffic safe and only visible for membrs for about 70,- a year .. and the logs only last for 24 hours just long enough to to prevent DDoS attacks .. even if the feds would storm Iceland, go underground, carry the servers away they would only find the last 24 hours of User-IPs .. this also would solve the mail-problem because C-panel is included and all settings are very simple .. I work with them for 9 years now and never had problems .. my sites and users are safe !
6. To me it sounds simply strange to work on a platform to fight and replace this platform (and similar ones) while every letter I type can be read by this platform .. just saying !
as the source of this site shows .. a user is checked if he is member on Faceboot, Twititer and so on ... and because Facebook, Twitter etc track via their favicon-login-pic its simple for them to check if my IP and my browserfingerprintgs are conform with their login-datas -- no matter which name I use .. !! And using google-captchas for every post is .. well ... beside thats not neessaryy and enervating its a 1.April joke to let google proof my ideas of how to get rid of google ..
Yoast does not 'send information to Google.' It is meta tag information to make the site more legible by search engines in general, including your favorite 'privacy-oriented search engine,' whichever that may be.
WordPress is not the platform we are 'replacing,' the project is concerning the standards - similar to 'Yoast meta tags' which make articles online legible by a censorship-free browser that can be tailored to your specific interests.